The thinner mouthpiece of the Stubben Baby Pelham Bar Rubber minimizes the chance of friction and is more comfortable.
Width in cm: 11.5 / 12.5 / 13.5 cm
Width in inches: 4 1/2” / 5” / 5 1/4”
Shank: 5cm - 2"
International article number: 2243
Benefits of the Pelham Bit Rubberized Mouth:
• Soft and comfortable in the horse's mouth
• Enables gentle yet effective sensitive relief
• Enables easier communication between horse and rider
• The Stübben joint rubber Pelham has a mouthpiece thickness of only 16mm, which is thinner than most commercial rubber bits which are normally about 20mm or more. The thinner mouthpiece minimizes the chance of friction and sits more comfortably in the horse's mouth.
• Rubber-coated bits are not suitable for horses that like to chew the bit with their teeth, otherwise the rubber cover can easily be damaged.
Advantages of the Pelham bit:
• Can be used with one or two reins
• Pull and leverage effect can be applied as needed
Special benefits of the cheeks:
• The special thing about a Stübben STEELtec Pelham are the short shafts of only 2 inches. This reduces leverage but allows for faster, more direct action between reins and mouthpiece.
• The instant reaction is especially helpful when jumping, especially if the course has many tight turns.
• The flat curb chain hooks prevent the horse's lips from getting caught.
• In addition, our curb chain with its flat hooks is easier to adapt to the horse's chin groove.
Stübben Steeltec quality:
• No rough edges that could damage the horse's mouth
• Long service life due to selected materials
• Special processing technology ensures that bit holes and links remain intact for longer.