Confidence EQ from Ceva Santé Animale helps to reduce tension in horses in situations where horses normally become anxious or tense. After applying Confidence EQ, horses will be reassured and able to focus better. Confidence EQ helps improve horse welfare by supporting learning experiences, gaining new skills and improving work focus.
The gel applied to the inside of the nostrils mimics the natural signal that mares give to nursing foals. This natural signal is activated via pheromones. These pheromones ensure that the horse is reassured.
Situations where Confidence EQ can be used:
- Transport: during transport there are several factors that can cause stress in horses such as noises, vehicle movements, loading, etc.
- Environment: a new environment such as a new stable, a new stable mate or, for example, the transition to pasture grazing almost always causes tension in horses.
- Training: during training and learning new exercises, tension and restlessness can be caused.
- Exciting Situations: Situations that cause tension and behavioral problems include traffic, large crowds of people, loud and/or strange noises, etc.
- Vet and Farrier: Some horses react fearfully or aggressively during a visit from the vet or farrier due to unusual smells, strange noises, etc.
Apply the gel from the sachet to two fingers and then apply the gel to the base/inside of the nostrils. Do this 30 minutes prior to the exciting situation. It is possible that the horse will then turn up or curl its nose, which is also known as fleming. Horses display this natural behavior when they receive and interpret pheromones. The effect lasts for about 2.5 hours. Repeat if necessary.
Effect after administration in the horse
- The horse recognizes the pheromones through special sensors in the nose.
- These signals are sent directly to the brain where they are interpreted.
- The horse instinctively recognizes the signal, which will lower its tension level and increase its focus and ability to learn.
Confidence EQ is not absorbed into the blood and is doping-free.